If you need to speak with a professional at anytime, call the Counseling & Mental Health Center’s 24/7 Crisis Hotline at 512-471-2255. If you have concerns about a fellow student, call the Behavioral Concerns Advice Line at 512-232-5050. If you need someone to accompany you home or across campus, call SURE Walk at 512-232-9255 or the University of Texas Police Department at 512-471-4441. If you need to be excused from class for time to mourn, call Student Emergency Services at 512-471-5017.
- For the most recent updates about the incident, please visit news.utexas.edu.
- Counseling Resources for Students – Contact the Counseling and Mental Health Center to speak with a counselor or join a support group.
- HealthPoint Employee Assistance Program – Find counseling services for staffers and faculty members through the HealthPoint Employee Assistance Program.
- University Student Ombuds – Free and voluntary confidential resource to listen to student concerns and identify solutions.
- Be Safe Safety Tips – Take steps daily to ensure your personal safety and learn about the DPS security assessment of campus.
- Austin Police Department – Contact APD’s Public Information Office with questions related to the homicide investigation.
- SURE Walk – Use SURE Walk, a student-run volunteer group that provides walks to and from campus to students, faculty members and staffers.