Event: Opening of the new Health Information Technology Learning Center in the Norman Hackerman Building
When: 46 p.m., June 6
Where: Norman Hackerman Building, 100 East 24th St., The University of Texas at Austin campus
Background: The College of Natural Sciences‘ Health Information Technology (Health IT) program offers an intensive nine-week certification program that prepares students for a technology-driven medical workplace.
The program includes:
- Expert faculty in theoretical and applied areas of health IT
- Six weeks of coursework, case studies, activities and experience working with six different electronic health record (EHR) systems
- A 12-day practicum that immerses students in experiences with Health IT companies or organizations
- Job placement services, including help with resumes, interview skills, activities and events that connect students with Health IT executives and hiring managers
- A “Health Information Management and Exchange Specialist” certificate, which qualifies graduates for a variety of job opportunities
A hallmark of the program is the new Health IT Learning Center in the Norman Hackerman Building, a modern teaching facility dedicated to health IT education.