The University of Texas Tower will glow orange March 4 in honor of three important awards bestowed by the university to deserving faculty and staff members.
Presented to a faculty member who has shown exemplary campus citizenship throughout a career of service at the university.
- Hillary Hart, distinguished senior lecturer, Department of Civil, Architecture and Environmental Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering
Arno Nowotny Medal
The medal is awarded to staff members of the Division of Student Affairs who rendered meritorious service to students during their careers at the university.
- Lynne E. Milburn, retired director, Career Exploration Center, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Award
Recognizes excellence in undergraduate education in the core curriculum (including the signature courses) and a demonstrated record of engagement with curriculum reform and educational innovation.
- Robert Crosnoe, professor and chair, Department of Sociology, College of Liberal Arts
- Julia E. Guernsey, professor and associate chair, Department of Art and Art History, College of Fine Arts
- Coleman Hutchison, associate professor, Department of English, College of Liberal Arts
- Bruce W. Porter, professor and chair, Department of Computer Science, College of Natural Sciences
- Lawrence Speck, distinguished teaching professor, School of Architecture