Event: Four former collegiate athletes who walked away from their respective sports because of concussions will discuss their journeys at a panel event sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin’s Center for Sports Leadership & Innovation.
- Anna Cassell, former soccer player, Northwestern University
- Molly Poletto, former soccer player, University of Utah
- Spenser Rositano, former football player, Boston College
- Clint Trickett, former football player, West Virginia University
- Daron K. Roberts, CSLi founding director and former NFL coach, will moderate the panel.
When: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 28
Where: AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (Room: Salon A), 1900 University Ave., Austin, TX 78705. Attendees will receive parking garage vouchers. News media are invited to attend and cover the event.
Background: The Center for Sports Leadership and Innovation was established in 2014 to leverage UT Austin’s academic and sports capital in order to cultivate leadership and character reform among student-athletes across the country. Its three primary areas of focus are implementing a certification program for high school coaches who want to better cultivate leadership and sound character traits in their student-athletes; developing curricula for college student-athletes on financial literacy and sound decision-making; and applying quantitative analyses to issues of sports management and strategy.