Updated December 8, 2021
On December 7, a federal court in Georgia issued a nation-wide injunction prohibiting enforcement of the President’s Executive Order 14042 regarding the federal-contractor mandate requiring COVID precautions by federal contractors.
- Executive Order 14042 was the legal authority compelling the university to require vaccination and masking in our buildings for covered employees working under our impacted federal contracts.
- That legal authority is no longer valid legal authority.
- The governor’s executive order now controls.
- The governor’s order prohibits the university from requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, and it does not allow us to require masking in our buildings.
- University policy prohibits inquiring into a person’s vaccination status.
This injunction supersedes previous policy statements by the university.
Messages to Campus and Statements
These messages are superseded by the Dec. 7 federal injunction.
Statement from Karen E. Adler, Director of Media Relations, UT System (Updated Dec. 7, 2021)