Eight faculty members have been selected to receive the President's Associates Teaching Excellence Award for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The award recognizes excellence in undergraduate teaching in the core curriculum. Winners must also have been involved in curriculum reform and educational innovation.
This year's recipients are:
- Brad Love, Assistant Professor, Department of Advertising and Public Relations, Moody College of Communication
- Héctor Domínguez Ruvalcaba, Associate Professor, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, College of Liberal Arts
- Karl Hagstrom Miller, Associate Professor, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
- Elizabeth Richmond-Garza, Associate Professor, Department of English, College of Liberal Arts
- Leanne H. Field, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Biology Instructional Office, College of Natural Sciences
- Andrew Ellington, Professor, Department of Molecular Biosciences, College of Natural Sciences
- Cynthia A. LaBrake, Senior Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences
- Lori K. Holleran Steiker, Associate Professor, School of Social Work
The honorees will each receive a $5,000 honorarium made possible by generous contributions by friends of the university who are exceptionally committed to the quality of UT's instructional programs.
The recipients will be honored with a banquet in spring 2014. Congratulations to this year's winners.