Essays have been written, scores have been submitted, recommendation letters sent and applications are in now the waiting begins. But for some students, the good news has already arrived.
The first students admitted to The University of Texas at Austin’s Class of 2019 began receiving admissions packets in the mail on Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014. As the newest Longhorns began to share their excitement in social media (#gonetotexas), we asked current and former Longhorns to weigh in about why they chose to come to UT.
Some cited specific programs, others declared Austin to be a major factor. But for many Longhorns, UT’s beloved traditions, strong community and top-notch academics stood out the the most:
- “To get a world class education close to home. Small classes in my major, big campus feel. Best decision I ever made!” (@KatwithCoffee)
- “My dreams go beyond what I already know. I have a longing to learn and understand the unknown.” (@EliseFrame)
- “Deep in this Heart of Texas, there’s a perfect mix of challenge and prestige that drives you to go bigger and do better.” (@voyvox)
- “Attending UT is a dream for many, I made it a reality because I wanted to do better than what was expected of me” (@mrgil77)
- “I chose Texas because I wanted a degree that would be respected world wide and help me change the world!” (@cheerer8000)