The Tower will shine with a burnt orange glow May 7 in honor of the university’s outstanding employees.
The President’s Staff Awards honors and recognizes the invaluable contributions of eligible non-teaching employees whose outstanding dedication, competence, conscientious performance, excellent customer service or ingenuity has had a significant impact on the university during the past year.
This year, more than 900 employees are being honored for serving the university for between 10 and 45 years.
Coleman A. Tharpe, a senior student associate for the Webber Energy Group in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, won the 2014-15 President’s Student Employee of the Year Award.
Jane M. Bost, associate director of the Counseling and Mental Health Center, and Barbara Wand James, project director for the Charles A. Dana Center for Science and Mathematics Education in the College of Natural Sciences, won this year’s Outstanding Supervisor Award.
The recipients of the 2015 Outstanding Staff Award are:
- Gwendolyn S. Barton, Assistant to the Dean’s Executive Assistant, Office of Graduate Studies
- Alejandra Bernal, Assistant Director for Development, University Development Office
- Bobbie J. Brooks, Work Control Specialist – Dispatch, Facilities Services
- Lauren K. Brown, Student Services Coordinator, Moody College of Communication
- Melissa Dalton, Senior Administrative Associate, Academic Initiatives, School of Undergraduate Studies
- Tracy L. Demchuk, Graduate Program Coordinator II, School of Nursing
- Adriane L. Dingman, Senior Administrative Associate, Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
- Debra A. Dzwonczyk, Assistant Director, IC2 Institute
- William J. Fatzinger Jr., Graduate Program Coordinator I, Comparative Literature, College of Liberal Arts
- Wyndell L. Faulk, Exhibition Preparator, Harry Huntt Ransom Humanities Research Center
- Melissa L. Garcia, Human Resources Assistant III, Bureau of Economic Geology, Jackson School of Geosciences
- Tanya M. Garcia, Administrative Associate, Office of Sponsored Projects
- Frankie L. Hart, Graduate Program Coordinator II, Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering College of Engineering
- Jessica A. Howard, Administrative Associate, ITS Networking
- Elizabeth S. Kerr, Theatre and Dance Librarian, University of Texas Libraries
- Susanne U. Kraft, Technical Staff Assistant V, Department of Radio Television Film, Moody College of Communication
- Beatrice Limon, Building Attendant II, Marine Science Institute, College of Natural Sciences
- Gordon L. Lipscomb, OSFS Processing Manager, Student Financial Services
- Mark E. Long, Sr Software Developer/Analyst, Office of the Registrar
- Rubin D. Mendoza, Software Engineer, University Development Office
- Rachel S. Meyer, Senior Program Coordinator, South Asia Institute, College of Liberal Arts
- Danielle Renee Nestler, Faculty Support Manager, Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences
- Daryl L. Nygaard, Scientific Instrument Maker II, Center for Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering College of Engineering
- Matthew D. Shetrone, Senior Research Scientist, McDonald Observatory, College of Natural Sciences
- Etta D. Sproul-Parrott, Senior Administrative Associate, McDonald Observatory, College of Natural Sciences
- David Steadman, Senior Graphics Designer, College of Natural Sciences
- Betty Jeanne W. Taylor, Assistant Vice-President, Div. of Diversity & Community Engagement
- Jay S. Whitehead, Instructional Designer Sanger Learning Center, School of Undergraduate Studies
- Kristen E. Wynn, Administrative Associate, Thompson Conference Center
- Hong Zhao, Project Manager, Construction Industry Institute, Cockrell School of Engineering College of Engineering