Last night, this UT Austin graduate was on stage as an award-winning actor in front of millions of viewers watching the Golden Globes.
Rhodes performed in ‘Moonlight,’ which won this year’s Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture in drama.
During his time on the Forty Acres, Rhodes helped the Texas men’s track team win third place in the 400-meter relay at the Big 12 championship in 2011. Though he first enrolled in a theater class “to exhaust a degree requirement,” he eventually started working with his theater professor and auditioning for roles.
“I was terrible, but I knew at some point I wanted the opportunity to be good at it,” Rhodes told the Austin American-Statesman about one of his first auditions.
And if picking up the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture in Drama isn’t enough, E! News also named him one of the best dressed celebrities at the awards show.
Rhodes, who had a part in the HBO series Westworld, will act in several more movies this year and will appear in the next installment of the Predator franchise in 2018.
— Trevante Rhodes (@_Trevante_) January 9, 2017
- The Daily Texan: ‘Moonlight’ star and UT alumnus Trevante Rhodes discusses new film
- KVUE: University of Texas track alum wins big at Golden Globes
- Austin360: What does ‘Moonlight’ star and UT graduate Trevante Rhodes miss about Austin?
- Austin American-Statesman: Former Texas sprinter Trevante Rhodes Stars in ‘Moonlight’
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Moonlight’ wins best picture drama